It’s no secret that our family loves to travel, but, we have discovered that you don’t need to go far to feel the excitement of travelling. You can get that feeling from a short trip or even just going to the airport to pick someone else up. We love airports about as much as we love flying somewhere. We also love taking a stay-cation, where we can get away to a nice hotel and relax without going far from home. This made me think…what if we put the two together and went on a stay-cation to an airport hotel? Sound good? How about the newest airport hotel in Halifax! We decided to stay a night at the new ALT Hotel Halifax Stanfield, at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport, just for fun.
We’ve stayed at many hotel brands but this was our first time at an ALT hotel and it was different. The ALT brand stands for an alternative experience and that is exactly what you get. ALT hotels are trendy, stylish, eco-responsible and offer a “service light” approach to guest service. Don’t be fooled, this doesn’t mean their customer service is substandard. Quite the opposite in fact. While they do have fewer staff, for instance no doormen or concierge, the staff they do have strive to offer the best customer service possible. The employees of the ALT Hotel Halifax Stanfield were very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. This service light approach allows the ALT hotel brand to offer affordable rates year round. It’s a great concept!
What really impressed me was how eco-friendly the hotel is. The hotel does all of the following:
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Heat recovery from ventilation exhaust to preheat cold air coming in from the exterior
- Heat recovery from water used in commercial washers
- Energy efficient lighting
- Huge thermal windows with low emission rates that maximize natural light
- Central switch in the rooms to allow lights to be turned off remotely
- Domestic water heating by geothermal energy
- Sensors in the stairwell to control the use of lighting
- Automatic regulation system for ventilation, air conditioning and heating
- ALT has chosen products that can be reused, refilled or recycled
- Recycling bins in all rooms and public areas
- Smoke-free environment
We would definitely stay at an ALT hotel again in the future!
I was compensated for this post however the opinions in it are my own.