Making New Years Resolutions has to be the most popular topic at this time of year, next to who did you kiss on New Years Eve! I enjoy making resolutions. I think of them as a healthy part of my journey through life.
Maybe I won’t get to all of them right away, but I’ll come back to the list throughout the year, kind of like a bucket list. It’s always there in the background should I get a chance to use it.
MY 2016 NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
- Sleep better. Unfortunately, this one requires a purchase. My mattress on my bed is soooo bad it’s giving me back pain. This is a terrible thing considering that we spend about 1/3 of our lives sleeping! I need to treat my back and neck better!
- This also means I need to break the habit of taking my phone to bed and playing on it late into the night! It’s time for a good old fashioned alarm clock. Hmm, maybe that one is a bit extreme!
- Exercise…how could I make a new years resolution list without including at least something about getting physically fit?! This year I’d like to start running again. I really miss it. I’ve been quite lazy this fall/winter. I’d also like to up my game at the gym and actually go often enough to be able to increase my weight.
- Food. We are very busy and spend a lot of time using quick foods like granola bars, prepared meals etc. This year I’d like to start slow cooking more, trying new recipes and baking bread. Yup, that’s ambitious huh!
- Schedule a date night weekly with my husband. We still don’t get out alone often enough and we need it! I must learn to take my own advice!
- Expand my new business with Monat so I have my own team. I’m so excited about my new venture with Monat Haircare, and I can’t wait to have my own team to mentor. Building my future, with the possibility of passive income for years to come, is very exciting!
- Help others. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own life that we forget we have a responsibility to people around us. You might not agree but I feel strongly that we need to help others whenever possible. Good Karma comes and goes and if you don’t put it out there into the universe it won’t come back to you!
- Let it go. I firmly believe that if you’re holding a grudge or are jealous of others you can’t ever be fully happy. So in 2016 i’m going to let it go as often as I can and choose to be happy!
Have you made a list of resolutions? Share it here!