I have to give a big shout out to Jessica from Just Mom Blog. Go check out her blog! She completely inspired this post when we were talking about date nights on twitter.
There is no doubt that when two people start having children, the relationship between you and your partner changes. Of course having children is a joy and privilege, but after a few years if you don’t work hard to keep your relationship going with your spouse it could suffer greatly. I’m sure all of us have had our tough times in our relationships. IF you’re at the point where you want to make it better than there’s nothing better than scheduling some time alone with your partner. You need to be able to connect without the kids asking for mommy or daddy every two seconds! So how do you make that happen?
5 Tips for Scheduling in a Date Night!
1) Book the babysitter: You might be able to come up with excuses as to why you’re too tired to go out but if you pre-book the babysitter you’re going to feel bad about cancelling on him/her.
2) Schedule it in your calendar: Our lives are way to jam-packed full of activities these days. This is probably one of the main reasons spouses don’t take the time for dates. So, start treating your dates like any other activity. Schedule them in your calendar. Even better, put them on repeat for every two weeks. This way you’re less likely to schedule other events during your date time.
3) Buy tickets for a special event: Just like the babysitter, you’re less likely to cancel or postpone, if you’ve doled out cash for an event! Why not have some fun on your date!
4) Make it a game: Why not take turns planning a surprise date night for your spouse. The only rule is you have to be positive and go along with what they have planned. Nobody wants to go on a date with a sourpuss! Need ideas? Check out these 50 Date Night Ideas.
5) Let the kids plan it: This might not work out very well if you have young ones, but for older children, it’s a great way to teach them how to be in a healthy relationship. I know my girls are always trying to help plan dates for us. They love helping us to be happy!
Do you have a fantastic way to make date nights happen? Please let me know!