Make sure you read all the way down for other great ideas from the local bloggers at ECM Media! This is a blog hop!
Choosing gifts for holidays and birthdays can be very stressful. It can be difficult finding a gift that really means something and expresses how much we care. More people are realizing that having a lot of meaningless things isn’t making us happy; so why not give your mom an experience this Mother’s Day?
I am a huge believer in giving experiences not things.
This is probably because I love travelling so much and things don’t really mean as much to me as the memories I have from travelling with my family. There are many different kinds of experiences you can give as gifts. Here are a few ideas your mom might like:
5 Experiences You Can Give Your Mom For Mother’s Day
1. Bake for her: Even if mom isn’t the head cook in your household, she will definitely appreciate the effort you put into making her a special treat for Mother’s Day. It shows her that you’re willing to put in time and effort for her and that you understand how much she does for you!
2. Book her a spa appointment or a float session: Why not choose something to help mom relax and show her how understand how hard she works every day! Float rooms are really popular right now and for good reason. An hour in a float tank is equivalent to hours of deep sleep. Every mom needs more sleep!
3. Take her to the movies or the theatre: You can take your mom out on a date with this experience and show her that you love spending time with her.
4. Purchase her a thrilling local adventure: A kayak tour, zip-lining adventure or bike tour would be a great gift for the adventure loving mom who doesn’t get to have adventures as often as she would like anymore. If you’re not sure if she would like this choice, casually ask her what kind of things she used to enjoy that she would like to try again if she could or ask her what her biggest bucket list item would be. This will let you help you choose what adventure might be a perfect fit for your mom.
5. Sign her up for a class: Does your mom love art? Gift her a pottery or painting class. Is she more into baking? how about a cake decorating class? If she loves adventure go for something unique like surfing or paddle board lessons. Moms are a self sacrificing lot and it will mean a lot to her that you know she deserves time for her own self improvement and fun.
Don’t forget to hop around to some of these other articles from the bloggers at ECM Media for more Mother’s Day tips!