Wow guys. I’ve been holding this one in for a while now and I’m so excited to tell you all our big secret plans!!
Are you feeling really unfulfilled in your life? Perhaps you’re ready to take a big leap to a new job, big trip, new house or something else you’ve been wanting? Maybe you’re hoping to start a new business and have been planning it for ages? Maybe you are thinking about having children and wondering when the time will be right?
Well here it is folks…my BIG ADVICE for HOW TO PLAN A CRAZY LIFE ADVENTURE:
(Because everything you do should be a big adventure!)
- Stop planning. Not completely but yes, you can definitely over plan something to death. A plan is simply a guess. Get as close as you can and then LET IT GO!
- Take the leap of faith. Sometimes when you know the path is right for you but you’re scared you just have to have faith and GO FOR IT. Don’t blame me if it wasn’t the right choice but sitting and waiting for the time to be perfect is never going to work!
- Stop imagining the worst that can happen. Instead imagine the best that can happen! You will never get anything in life unless you ask for it and sometimes you’ll get so much more than you hoped for!!
So, are you ready to hear our plans?!
My husband and I decided a little while ago that some things in our life needed to change:
- Our house just isn’t working for us. We really need a garage so my husband can work his business from home. We want to be able to host visitors and don’t have a spare bedroom and we would love to have space to park a camper or multiple cars. Right now our driveway is really small. Don’t get me wrong – we LOVE our house and neighborhood and appreciate it so much. But we just decided it’s time for a change.
- We really feel like we’re missing out on our kids lives. I’m working way too much, we rarely get to go camping and travel much less than I would like. I feel like life is passing us by and I don’t want to have any regrets.
- We want to be able to see some of our family and friends who live in different spots all over North America and we want to be able to show our kids much more of the world than we have. We also feel like we’re running out of time to travel with them before they leave the nest.
- We really value experiences more than things and want more of them in our lives.
So, we’ve decided to SELL OUR HOUSE and drive around the United States for FOUR MONTHS!
Why not Canada? Because we’re going to do it in the fall/winter and because we have already seen a LOT of this great nation we call home.
How are we going to manage this? What’s our plan? It’s pretty wild! We’re hoping to list and sell our house in the next three months, buy a small motorhome or a truck and trailer and then drive off into the sunrise on October 1. Crazy? You bet! Please start wishing us luck and sending prayers our way. We’re going to need a lot of help in making this dream come true!
We’re both hoping to work on the road. I’ll be doing my accounting job remotely, I can work my Monat business from anywhere in Canada or the US (whohoo!) and Trevor is hoping to so some online editing for people as well. The girls will be working on their school work from Shambhala School remotely with my help in administering it and we’ll be combining some of our sightseeing with their school work.
We’re hoping to see some AMAZING SIGHTS like the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Old Faithful and so much more!
Stay tuned because I’ll be sharing more about our planning process, itinerary, road schooling & more throughout the summer & during our trip.